The Palestinian Return Centre (PRC) recommends you to get in touch with your local general election candidates to find out their views on Palestine/Israel. Kindly forward us their response at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us lobby for Palestine.
Here you can find your local candidates standing in the General Election on June 8th. See below some questions PRC suggests you ask your local candidates:
* The UK government should clearly have accountability, justice and equality as its core principles in regards to policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
* Do you agree that any solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict must include the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their homeland, as stipulated in international law and in UN resolution 194?
* Do you agree that the failure to progress towards and deliver a two-state solution requires Britain to re-shift its foreign policy under the guidance of a rights-based approach?
* Do you agree that Britain should acknowledge the historical responsibility for the creation of the Palestinian refugee crisis in 1948 that continues today?
* Do you agree that offering an apology to the Palestinians for issuing the Balfour Declaration (1917) and Britain's failures to protect them during the Mandate years (1922-1948) is the moral and just approach?
* Do you agree that HMG celebrating or marking the centenary of Balfour Declaration in November 2017 will inflame an already tense situation in the region?